On January 1, 2011, Missouri Wrestling Revival announced that Mike is the recipient of its 2011 Award for Lifetime Achievement for professional wrestling. Here is a little bit of what the web site had to say about the honor:
“Mike has represented the Midwest and the wrestling world with class and honor by promoting the sport as a public speaker, an author of 21 books (14 about wrestling), the creation of a great wrestling museum, and his work has appeared in dozens of national and regional magazines.”
It is the fifth such “Lifetime Achievement” type award for Mike, the others being:
- Cauliflower Alley Club (CAC) Art Abrams Lifetime Achievement Award in 2001;
- The Burroughs Bibliophiles Award in appreciation of work for perpetuating the memory of Edgar Rice Burroughs and his works, 2004;*
- National Wrestling Hall of Fame and Museum Order of Merit for lifetime achievement, 2007;
- The President’s Award from the Iowa Wrestling Coaches and Officials Association, for contributions to high school wrestling in the state of Iowa, 2007.
* Edgar Rice Burroughs was the creator of Tarzan and John Carter, Warlord of Mars.
No comments yet.
To comment on the story, leave a comment below.
To contact Mike, go to the contact page
Upcoming Speeches and Appearances
- March 29, 2017 – Flag Day, Knoxville Library