On January 1, 2011, Missouri Wrestling Revival announced that Mike is the recipient of its 2011 Award for Lifetime Achievement for professional wrestling. Here is a little bit of what the web site had to say about the honor:
“Mike has represented the Midwest and the wrestling world with class and honor by promoting the sport as a public speaker, an author of 21 books (14 about wrestling), the creation of a great wrestling museum, and his work has appeared in dozens of national and regional magazines.”
It is the fifth such “Lifetime Achievement” type award for Mike, the others being:
- Cauliflower Alley Club (CAC) Art Abrams Lifetime Achievement Award in 2001;
- The Burroughs Bibliophiles Award in appreciation of work for perpetuating the memory of Edgar Rice Burroughs and his works, 2004;*
- National Wrestling Hall of Fame and Museum Order of Merit for lifetime achievement, 2007;
- The President’s Award from the Iowa Wrestling Coaches and Officials Association, for contributions to high school wrestling in the state of Iowa, 2007.
* Edgar Rice Burroughs was the creator of Tarzan and John Carter, Warlord of Mars.
No comments yet.
To comment on the story, leave a comment below.
To contact Mike, go to the contact page
Upcoming Speeches and Appearances
- March 21, 2013 – Win Memorabilia Show
- May 30, 2013 – Iowa Hall of Pride Volunteer Celebration
- June 13, 2013 – Fred Becker Day
- June 28, 2013 – Sturgis Falls
- July 9, 2013 – Project AWARE
- July 19, 2013 – Des Moines Metro Scandanavian Group
- August 8, 2013 – Iowa State Fair
Calendar of Appearances
Iowa Hall of Pride Volunteer Celebration
Mike will be the featured speaker at the Iowa Hall of Pride annual volunteers celebration, in Des Moines. He will talk about the impact of such famous Iowans as Nile Kinnick and Fred Becker, both All-American football players at the University of Iowa who lost their lives during war time. The event is not open to the public.