Monday, December 6th, 2010 | Book Signing, Speaking
Since the release of his latest book Triumph and Tragedy: The Inspiring Stories of Football Legends Fred Becker, Jack Trice, Nile Kinnick and Johnny Bright, Mike Chapman has been a guest on 11 radio talk shows and has made speaking appearances at over a dozen locations. The book is for sale at most Barnes & Noble Stores around the state and at Borders Book Store in Des Moines.
The book is also available at Iowa Book and Supply, Prairie Lights and the Hawk Shop in Iowa City; at Beaverdale Book Store and the Iowa State Historical Museum in Des Moines, and at the Five Sullivan Brothers Museum in Waterloo.
In addition, Drake University has the book for sale and $10 from every book sold by Drake will be donated to the football team’s trip to Africa.
Anyone wanting a signed copy of the book can order it by calling the offices of Iowa History Journal in Newton at 641-792-0920. The hardcover book has 50 photos and sells for $26.95 plus S&H.
Mike Chapman will be making several appearances around the state in the coming weeks. He will be at the following spots for speeches and/or book signings:
- Dec. 13 – Speech about his new book, Triumph and Tragedy: The Inspiring Stories of Football Legends Fred Becker, Jack Trice, Nile Kinncik and Johnny Bright, at the Lions Club in Marshalltown at noon
- Dec. 15 – Speech about Frank Gotch at a Christmas party in Humboldt.
- Dec. 16 – Book signing at Arts on Grand in Spencer at 7 p.m.
- Dec. 17 – Two speeches at Spencer High school, the first on Achilles and the Trojan War (Mike has written a novel about Achilles and the war), and the second on Iowa wrestling history.
- Dec. 17 – Book signing along with Bob Siddens and co-author Don Huff for the new book, SIDDENS! at Young Arena in Waterloo during The Battle of Waterloo wrestling event;
- Dec. 18 – Book signing at Knapp Arena during the Drake-University of Iowa basketball game.
No comments yet.
To comment on the story, leave a comment below.
To contact Mike, go to the contact page
Upcoming Speeches and Appearances
- March 29, 2017 – Flag Day, Knoxville Library